Wednesday, November 5, 2014



10-20-14

What is an American? 

           What is an American? An American to me is someone who lives in America and is supporting 

the society. An example is a factory worker, they made products for people to use in the United 

States. When people think of Americans, they only think of people who are fat and lazy because

the "American" has such a negative feedback. The name has such a negative meaning because people

think all we do is eat fast food and do nothing to help the world. 

          To me it doesn't matter what ethnicity you are. You can be white, Asian, Hispanic, or African 

American, you are still considered an American. If you born in America you are no matter what 

considered an American. If you come from another country, you are an American as long as you 

become a legal citizen. Although I am Korean, I consider myself an American. I was born and raised

California. My parents are from Korea but once they came to America, they got their citizenship. 

Americans can be described in many ways. Americans can also do a lot of different activities. 

Everyone in America has a diverse activity they do. They can be a janitor of a big company to the 

owner of a small town. You can become an engineer or a designer for building, cars, and many more. 

It is easy to spot out that America is diverse because of the people who live here. There are Asians, 

Hispanics, African Americans, and many more. I am an American because I've been living here all 

my life. I have been outside of the country only once. I went to Korea when I was in third grade. 

While I live in America, I do a lot of stuff. I've been to Seattle and still go during some holidays. 

My cousins live there. We drive up there in a eighteen hour car drive. Seeing the beautiful sights

while we drive is just a blessing to be an American. Everyone celebrate America's birthday, July 4, 

by not having work or school. People sing the National Anthem to show respect to the Country too. 

During the years, many have changed. For example, The Declaration of Independence was signed to 

free slavery. This is what is to be an American and I am grateful to be one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment