Tuesday, January 27, 2015

1-26-15
Descriptive Essay: Winter Essay
 
 
          My winter break didn't consist of many things. It was nice to have a three week break from
 school. I went to Seattle for about a week. I also got to watch two movies over the break and played
 a lot of basketball. Although we I didn't do too much, it was still a nice and relaxing break for me.
 I didn't have to worry about what is due tomorrow for homework or do I have and tests to study for.
 I had time to think about other stuff than school. Sleeping was an issue to me though. My sleep
 schedule was thrown off. I would sleep at two in the morning and wake up at 6 or 7.


          It was nice to see my father and sister again over the break. My father works in Seattle and comes about once every other month. So for Christmas, my mom, sister, and I went to Seattle. We also have cousins who lived there, so we just stayed at their place. It was very cold to our family but to my cousins, they said it was there normal weather. It was nice smell the fresh air in the morning when I wake up and the warmth from the fire place made me very relaxed. When we were at Seattle, we saw parades and went to sky zone. Sky zone is a place where a giant warehouse is filled with trampolines and you just jump around. I was very tired after only thirty minutes of jumping. We stayed till the 30th of December and drove back. Although we drove back to Los Angeles, when we went to Seattle, we took the plane. I rarely fly on the plane so going in the air was very enjoyable.


          I had a basketball tournament before I went to Seattle. There was three games in that tournament. We won the first two but unfortunately at the championship game, we lost to Poly High School. I played a lot of basketball before and after I went to Seattle. When I played basketball with my friends, we would go at six or seven in the morning. We would stay till about twelve or one, eat, then go back and play again till eight or nine. Since I played basketball basically the whole, I didn't have anything else to do.


          Coming back to school wasn't my favorite thing. Although people have complained about waking up early for school, it hasn't affected me too much because I would wake up at six in the morning. I watched two movies during the break, one of the funniest and scariest movies in my opinion. I also watched my favorite show on Netflix from season one to season ten. It was quite cold in LA too. I wasn't expecting the weather to be like that. After I came back from Seattle I was hoping to come back to warmer weather but it was basically the same. Overall I had a fun and relaxing break with a lot of basketball. I wish I went out more and do other stuff but it was still great.

3 comments:

  1. seems like you've had a great time at Seattle. good description on your winter break

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great essay, looks like you really enjoy basketball.

    ReplyDelete